Welcome to SendWP’s documentation on SPF records! In this guide, we’ll cover what SPF records are, why they’re useful, how to add them, and some possible issues you might encounter along the way.
What are SPF Records?
SPF, or Sender Policy Framework, is a method for verifying that email messages are sent from an authorized source. It works by adding a list of IP addresses or domains to a DNS record for the sending domain. When an email is received, the recipient’s mail server can check the SPF record to make sure that the message is coming from an authorized source.
Why are SPF Records Useful?
SPF records help to prevent email spoofing and improve email deliverability. By verifying that emails are coming from authorized sources, SPF records help to reduce the risk of spam and phishing emails. This can improve email deliverability and ensure that legitimate emails are more likely to be delivered to the recipient’s inbox.
How to Add SPF Records in SendWP
To add an SPF record in SendWP, follow these steps:
- Log in to your SendWP account and navigate to the domain you wish to add a SPF record for.
- Grab the SPF record value.
- Navigate to your domain registrar’s DNS settings page.
- Add a TXT record (depending on your host’s preference) with the copied SPF value.
Possible Issues with SPF Records
If you’re having trouble getting your SPF record set up correctly, there are a few possible issues that you might encounter:
- Your DNS settings might take time to propagate. If you’ve added your SPF record but it doesn’t seem to be working, give it some time – it can take up to 48 hours for DNS changes to propagate.
- Your SPF record might be incorrect. Double-check that you’ve copied the SPF record correctly and that it matches the record in your SendWP settings.
- Your SPF record might conflict with other records. If you already have an SPF record for your domain, make sure that you update it to include the SendWP SPF record. If you have multiple SPF records, they can conflict with each other and cause email delivery issues.
By adding SPF records to your email messages, you can improve email deliverability and reduce the risk of spam and phishing emails. If you’re using SendWP, it’s easy to set up an SPF record – just copy the record provided by SendWP and add it to your DNS settings. If you encounter any issues along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out to SendWP support for assistance.